Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 30 April 2013

CCM 90 - April Showers Bring May Flowers

Our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this fortnight is hosted by Tracey who chose the team April Showers Bring May Flowers. Tracey wants us to use a rain related image, so ducks in a puddle or children splashing in a puddle, people sheltering under an umbrella etc, and at least two flowers. I bet when she came up with the idea she had no idea that the April Showers in question would be snow showers!

CCM 90 Main

I saw the embossing folder used in the background here, from Crafters Companion and thought how it would make a fabulous flowery background. So first I cut out a frame using my Go Kreate dies, and then put the whole thing back together and ran it through my machine with that folder. You can see where the missing frame went in the next pic.

CCM 90 Inside

Using Squeezed Lemonade and Peacock Feathers DIs I inked over the raised flowers in random patterns.

My image is from Sassy Cheryl and I colured her with copics and promarkers.

CCM 90 Image

Hopefully you can see on the above pic that I used Glossy Accents to highlight the puddle, the umbrella, her goggles and the rain drops. I edged around the card with Peacock Feathers and matted it onto plain white card.

CCM 90 Angle

The flowers were all in my stash luckily in the right shades, but the pearls I coloured with some of the shades of copic I had used in the image.

I am entering this into the following:-

365 Cards - Day 117 Emboss It

Catered Crop - Make an Impression Recipe Swap

Crafty Calendar - April Sunshine and Showers

Forever Friends - #60 Use Lots of Flowers

Marker Pop - #21 April Showers

Paper Playtime - #9 Emboss Dry or Wet

Pile it On - #17 April Showers Bring May Flowers

The Cheerful Stamp Pad - #59 April Showers Bring May Flowers

The Hybrid Chick Card Caravan - Use Flowers

The Paper Nest Dolls - #3 Emboss It

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the colors you chose :) Thank you for playing along with us over at 365 Cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful card. It makes me want to have a go. Gill

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful card, really love the image, it made me smile and the embossed frame is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us over at Paper Playtime Emboss challenge, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Lin. I love the design and the colours and embossing look fab not to mention the adorable image.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Image Lin and I love the colours you have used
    Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, I love the fun image and the gorgeous colours! So pretty!

    Thanks for joining our Fortnightly Challenge at Forever Friends Challenge blog, hope to see you again soon :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun image and what a beautiful job you did with it, I love the soft pastels. Thanks for joining us at the Cheerful Stamp Pad for the April Showers challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Lin! I love that adorable image and your gorgeous soft colors! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very, very pretty card; I love all the dry embossing, and that image is so cute!!! TFS with us @ PND!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you certainly have added lots of flowers, gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining in with our Lots of flowers challenge over at Forever Friends and good luck
    Julie x
    My blog
    Pennys Challenges DT member
    Digi Darla DT member
    Forever Friends DT member
    Brown Sugar Challenges DT member
    Fashionista DT member
    Lady Annes stamp challenge DT member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lin, just wanted to pop over and say thank you for the lovely comment you left on my CCM entry - it means a lot to me so thank you very much!
    I saw this card on the challenge blog and loved it as soon as I saw it. It is so 'spring like', with the lovely fresh colours and the beautiful daisies. Your colouring is so good! hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Lyn, I just adore it, the emboswsing, the colouring and shading with the flower borders, just all fits together into a delightful card. Wow!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a beautiful and very happy creation! thank you for joining our challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous. I love the soft colours you've used x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a lovely card. TFS with us at The Paper Nest Dolls challenge.... xo Nikki ox

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the soft colours! Thanks for joining us at Pile it on - April showers bring May flowers challenge - hope you are able to join us this week for our mother's day challenge - Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable - love how you did the inside of the card, too. Thanks for joining us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails