Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 15 October 2012

Sympathy Card

This is one of those cards we all hate to have to make.

A forum friend’s Husband recently lost his battle with cancer, and I sent her this card.

I just wanted something simple with a heartfelt message and I felt that this gorgeous verse said all I wanted to say and more.

The background is a Die’Sire Embossing Folder, a lovely new 8x8 folder. The mat is Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8, and the verse I have had for a while but found on the internet.

Sympathy

I hope it gave her some comfort. I know my Mum used to go back to the cards sent when my Dad passed away again and again and they certainly gave her some comfort.

I am sharing this in the following:-

Challenges4Everybody – #5 Anything Goes

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge – #176 Monochromatic

Craft Punked – #41 With Deepest Sympathy

Crafts and Me – #105 Anything Goes

Crafty Sentiments – Anything Goes

Delicious Doodles – #6 Monochrome

Divas By Design – #56 Anything Goes

Eclectic Ellapu – #1 Anything Goes

Guylou’s Inimitability Challenge – Just to Die For (as in the fancy die cut not a pun!)

My Heart Pieces – Monochromatic

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

18 comments:

  1. Hi, Lin. I've spend an enjoyable morning perusing your blog, and being inspired by your artwork. The colors on your blog are gorgeous! I especially like the diversity of cards on your blog. This sympathy card conveys a lovely sentiment. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your friends loss, that poem is beautiful got me all choked up. I'm sure your beautiful card will comfort your friend and mean a lot.

    Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this week.

    Andria
    EE - dt (purples)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lin, It's a beautiful sympathy card and I love the poem. I hope someone reads that at my funeral. :-D We're so happy that you decided to join us in our first ever Eclectic Ellapu challenge this week. Hope we're going to see you regularly. :-D
    NanaConnie EE DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous project-thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The message on this card is quite stirring and contains a lot of wonderful unselfish thoughts, wow it really got to me. Sorry for your friends loss.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your friends loss. Your card is so elegant....the verse just beautiful.
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely card - especially as that particular card is one we all hate to have to make. The verse is so very apt for a sympathy card, too.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card! bravo! thanks for playing with MHP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card lovely verse. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful verse i'm sure your friend will appreciate it. It's really pretty. Thank you for sharing with us at challenges 4 everybody.

    hugs Trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear such a sad time. Your card is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for playing along with CRAFT, your card is lovely and the verse is very special x carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card and such a beautiful sentiment - thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful Card and I absolutely love the text! Thanks for sharing with us at Guylou's Inimitbility!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very wonderful card. Love the words. Thank you for joining us at My Heart Pieces. Hugs Xx Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree, these type of cards are so hard to make! Yours is beautiful with the black border, and the poem inside is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a wonderful card...it is the perfect card to bring comfort. I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. I know how hard that is! I am sure she will be comforted by the beutiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails