Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday 21 November 2010

Sheena – Final Samples

Boy have I had a day of it! I woke up at 7 and popped in to check my email and my pc was dead. Dead as a DoDo! Gone, deceased, kicked the bucket, finito!

I first thought it had suffered a BSOD during the night and a quick flick on the reset button and it would fire back up, but it was history.

Arggghhhh all my pics were on it. I needed to access them for the final Sheena shots and also for my Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight tomorrow.

I disconnected it and dragged it out to the landing and using a new power cable plugged it in and fired it up and BANG! the fan fired and backfired in a milisecond and died.

Luckily I am a terrible hoarder and I had last year’s model still in a box in the cupboard so I dragged it out and disconnected the PSU and took it across to the now dead pc and plugged it into the Mobo and fired it up and bingo, the fan whirred into life. So praying that it was just the original PSU I swapped them over.

BINGO – a working PC!

However, I remembered now why the old one died. I think the PSU on that one was flakey and kept dropping power so often that eventually it fried the Mobo, so I can’t risk running it for too long without getting a new one. All I need just before the Christmas season having to shell out on PC parts.

Anyhow, whinge over. The last of my samples for Sheena.

BTW I realise that the card I posted on Friday actually crossed over the two stamp sets that Sheena had on C&C this morning! The bird was from one set and the sentiment from the other set of three. Oooops! Just goes to show though that what Sheena said was right, they can be mixed and matched and interchanged and still look good.

This is my second church card. I stamped this with Big N Juicy and then embossed it with the Wow holo sparkle embossing powder. The paper was a sheet of sort of skin tone pink that has been in my stash for years. It’s heavily embossed, but I didn’t like the colour so I just inked it over with the Big N Juicy pad to match the image.

SHEENA 21.11.10 Church Pink 2

The next one is the pub stamp again, but this time with the other sentiment, which was embossed again with the Wow powders, this time the clear fine. These sentiments are a beautiful delicate font and look really nice especially when they are embossed. Coloured with promarkers and matted onto craft and green cards.

SHEENA 21.11.10 Pub Col 1

The next one is the stream stamp. I love that you can just stamp these lovely large stamps and you can still see all the detail whether you colour them in or not. I stamped this one with Brilliance Galaxy Gold and embossed it with the gold powder. After I added some DI in shabby shutters (I think, lol) I roughed up the edge a bit and went around it with gold sparkle embossing power.

SHEENA 21.11.10 Stream 2

It’s not showing terribly well in the picture but the background has the ferns stamped in a range of different greens and with versamark to give that watermark look. I had previously stamped the ferns and embossed them with gold but was not happy with the way I had done it so rather than wasting it I used that to cut the scrolls out of which is why they have a gold embossed pattern on them. I made the flower myself using the spritz and scrunch method. This was from the same pearlised card as I used for the main card base. Have to say, if you want to do the spritz and scrunch method pick a card that is not coated like this because it was a difficult thing to scrunch and dried VERY stiff. Next time I shall use something a bit more malleable.

My final card is a second one of the bird. I have to say this was my favourite. I just love the bird and feel that you can make a quite large card with it, or like I have done here, a smaller square one. I stamped it out and coloured with promarkers and then trimmed it up with a nestie circle, and is has been overlaid onto a marianne doily mat.

SHEENA 21.11.10 Tit Square

I stamped the pine branch over and over in the corner of some prima card to make a background for my lovely gardenia flower, and a sentiment in the opposite one. The lace is from my stash.

I shall be back tomorrow with my other DT work with something for Crafty Cardmakers, so please check back then if you can.

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

3 comments:

  1. Such stunning cards mate, love them all......well done, will be checking up tomorrow to see you CCM's offering,glad the pc finally fired up!!! after a bit of fiddling and swapping about, hope it keeps until you can access a new part,
    hugs vick x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Lin, and I'm sooo impressed with your computer skills (even though I didn't understand a word of what you did, lol) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. also the card at the top mate, i love the colours you have used its breathtaking!!!!It's hydrangea isnt it, and the allgold embossed one,with the olivey green background is beautiful, genius and my favourite (if i can manage to pick just one, lol) is the blue birdy one last, the colour combo with the composition and frames&embellishments used, is stunning, i love it xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails